Some herbs are known to increase desire for sexual activity. Our top 5 herbs for libido are Maca, Ginkgo Biloba, Red Ginseng, Tribulus, and Fenugreek.
Top 5 herbs to naturally boost your sex drive
If you're looking for something natural to boost your sex drive, we recommend herbs. While herbs are much less effective at treating symptoms and the underlying condition than medications, side effects are few (if any). You are able to find most of these herbs in your grocery store, supplement store, or online.
- Maca: Known as the "Peruvian Viagra." It's a sweet root vegetable with several health benefits. It grows predominantly in the mountains of central Peru. One study suggested that Maca may help reduce the loss of libido that's sometimes a side effect of certain antidepressant drugs.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Said to help relax blood vessels and increase blood flow. It's derived from one of the oldest species of trees - the Ginkgo Biloba tree. Both men and women say they've experienced increased desire, excitement, and ability to orgasm from this herb. Note: This herb may act as a blood thinner, so consult your doctor before taking this herb if you are currently on blood thinners.
- Red Ginseng: Ginseng is a popular herb in Chinese medicine. Studies show that it may help boost sex drive and erectile function in men and sexual arousal in women.
- Tribulus: Tribulus is used to help improve athletic performance, infertility, and loss of libido. It grows in dry climates. Men are shown to experience more sperm production while ingesting this plant. Women have experienced increased arousal, lubrication, and more orgasm satisfaction.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an annual plant cultivated worldwide. Commonly used in South Asian dishes, Fenugreek is used as an anti-inflammatory and a libido-boosting treatment.
Symptoms and signs of a low libido
Most people experience a decrease in libido at some point in their life. We are human after all, and our bodies experience a lot of stressors, both physical and mental. Keep in mind, that a "normal" sex drive is relative. There isn't a minimum requirement for sexual interest.
Ask your doctor if you experience some of the below signs and/or feel as though you're less interested in sex than your normal.
Signs of a low sex drive include:
- Touching takes place only in the bedroom
- Sex does not give you feelings of connection and sharing
- One of you is always the initiator and the other feels pressured
- You no longer look forward to sex
- Sex is mechanical and routine
- You almost never have sexual thoughts or fantasies
- You have sex once or twice a month at most
Why medication is the better choice
Natural remedies are helpful but most effects are mild or nonexistent. The only way to combat your low libido with major results is by using popular ED medications such as Tadalafil (generic Cialis) and Sildenafil (generic Viagra).
ED medications boost your sexual confidence and improve your libido.
What's the easy, discreet way to get help?
Experiencing a decreased libido is common and affects many people. It's nothing to feel embarrassed about. While herbs are beneficial, the most effective way to treat your low sex drive is with medications such as Sildenafil (Viagra) and Tadalafil (Cialis).
Luckily, you're able to make an appointment with an accredited online doctor, here.
Simply fill out a short questionnaire and one of our doctors reaches out to you about your best options.
Don't let a low libido ruin your fun - get help, today!